Michell’s new S8000 RS has been designed to provide fundamental, dependable measurements in a range of industrial applications where highest precision of the dry gas measurement is critical and the ease of use is essential. It is the smallest and among the lightest instruments on the market which is capable of measuring dry dew points precisely to -90°C (0.1ppmv) with no need for additional, external cooling equipment. Combined with its 0.1°C accuracy this also makes it the most cost-effective as well as convenient hygrometer in its class.
Chilled mirror hygrometers have excellent accuracy and repeatability because they base their measurements on the actual formation of condensed water or frost on a mirror surface. This is a primary characteristic of moisture so will not drift over time, as can occur with calculated or inferred variables.
The S8000 RS has a sophisticated new optical system that detects very small changes in moisture condensed on the mirror surface. This guarantees high sensitivity and fast response when measuring low-dew points. As with all Michell chilled mirror hygrometers, the S8000 RS is available with UKAS and NIST accrediation.
With a high-contrast LCD touch-screen, the S8000 RS is easy to operate and interrogate. USB or Ethernet connections are supplied as standard to enable remote operation and data logging via a PC or network.
The robust overall design and practical features like alarms make the S8000 RS Reference hygrometer a multi-purpose tool for a wide range of applications in an industrial environment as well as for calibration facilities.
Michell supplies precision hygrometers and is the largest dew point sensors manufacturer in Europe. Their reference chilled mirror hygrometers, such as the S8000 RS, are constantly in use within their own factory for dew-point sensor manufacturing, and their 24/7 calibration facility and service. Michell’s customers benefit from the robustness and 40 years of expertise built into each chilled mirror hygrometer design.
Key applications for the S8000 RS include:
- Reference instrument for calibration laboratory. Compact, light and needing no additional cooling – it is ideal for small in-house calibration laboratories.
- Verifying the purity of industrial gases. Its fast response and high sensitivity enables quick measurements to be taken.
- Ensuring the dryness of controlled industrial environments.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- New Extensometer for Hopper and Silo Weighing
- MoistScan Microwave Moisture Analysers Used by Salt Mining Company
- Vacuum Handling Cylinder with Automatic Stroke Control
- BlueScope’s bold instrumentation plan is a winner
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts