The new OptiPEAK TDL600 moisture analyzer from Michell Instruments has a class-leading measurement accuracy of ±1% of reading. For transmission companies, this high accuracy ensures that the international standards of gas quality for transport and use are met.
These pipeline networks are highly complex transmission and distribution systems used to move gas across states, countries or even continents. In all of these cases it is important that gas quality is maintained within the requirements of the main international natural gas quality harmonization guidelines. These guidelines include moisture content and in Europe, the EASEE-gas Common Business Practice – 2005-001/01 – Harmonisation of Natural Gas Quality sets a water dew-point limit of -8°C at 70 barg,equal to a moisture content of ~49 ppmV (based on ISO18543).
Taking advantage of the latest developments in laser spectroscopy, the OptiPEAK TDL600 has an unrivalled accuracy for any process moisture analyzer of ±1% of the reading or 1ppmV verified by calibration traceable to NPL (UK) and NIST (US). Its lower detection limit of 1ppmV makes it the most sensitive instrument in its class on the market, as well as being one of the most reliable. Michell has developed a unique laser lock system to ensure the laser remains locked to the correct water absorption signal, maintaining a high integrity measurement at all times. In some earlier TDLAS moisture analyzer designs, drift in laser wavelength over time may cause gradual deterioration in measurement performance.
With D-MET, the Dynamic Methane Compensation System, the OptiPEAK TDL600 is also able to measure moisture reliably in natural gas with varying compositions (such as blended gas from multiple fields or following bio-methane or re-gasified LNG injection) without the need for manual software correction factors to be made.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Weighbridges Installed At Cement Loading Facility
- Food Processors Get a 360-Degree View of Line Performance with Mettler-Toledo’s ProdX™ 2.0
- MoistTech On-Line Continuous Moisture Analysis System
- Automation Trends at Interkama 08
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts