Emerson has acquired Intellisaw Inc., a leading provider of systems that protect electric power transmission and distribution equipment by measuring and monitoring temperature, humidity, and partial discharge using advanced sensor and analytic technologies.
The Intellisaw suite of predictive maintenance, continuous monitoring systems enable users to reduce maintenance costs and increase quality of service. The systems also increase personnel safety and protect equipment from significant damage.
“Continuous, reliable power is essential to our customers’ businesses, with outages potentially costing millions of dollars of lost production per day,” said Tom Moser, group vice president for Emerson Process Management’s measurement and analytical technologies. “Continuous and passive wireless monitoring allows users to safely monitor the health of critical power assets to avoid unplanned downtime, allowing for increased uptime and revenue generation.”
The Intellisaw product line will become part of Emerson’s Rosemount™ portfolio of measurement and analytical technologies, which includes Pervasive Sensing™ applications that give customers a more complete view of their operations and facilities. The acquisition strengthens customers’ ability to make better business decisions about their electric distribution systems.
Intellisaw wireless monitoring capabilities consist of saw-based temperature sensing, RF-based partial discharge detection, and humidity monitoring instruments along with an advanced human-machine interface. A suite of software tools seamlessly integrates the information into the user’s asset management infrastructure, including standard historians and alarm systems.
Founded in 2011, Intellisaw is located in Andover, Mass. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Contact Emerson Process Management
Thank you for your enquiry! Emerson Process
Management will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Forty Metre Weighbridge Eliminates Split Weighing
- Truck Weighbridge for Weighing Shipping Containers
- Self-Cleaning Gladiator Acoustic Switch Series
- AMS Appointed Distributor for rbe Messtechnik
More Articles From Emerson Process Management
- Emerson Launches Industry-first Controller Designed for Automation Versatility and IIoT-enabled Operations
- Emerson launches new drilling jar clamp for increased safety and well integrity
- Emerson Puts Digital Plant in Palm of Your Hand with New Mobile Platform
- Industry-Leading Performance to Address Emissions Regulations