Emerson Process Management’s Logbooks enables operators to electronically document activity records to streamline shift changes, drive operator action, and accelerate decision-making. A consistent approach to operator logs supports safety improvement efforts as well as audits and corrective action processes.
Shift handover can be a risky time for a plant; poor communication can quickly result in process upsets. Logbooks delivers a shift change dashboard that includes a shift summary and detailed information on assigned tasks. Operators can identify priorities for the new shift and access documentation of events from the previous shift, ensuring quality, safety, and throughput are protected. The consolidated graphical view makes it easy to provide complete, accurate information to customers and auditors.
Automating task management ensures work is not overlooked or incomplete. With the ability to schedule tasks now, later, or on a recurring basis, management can be confident that critical tasks are prioritized and important – but non-urgent – tasks like training, reviews, and routine maintenance are completed and documented. Tasks are visible on the shift dashboard, so operators can easily determine criticality and plan work.
Information in paper logbooks is often hard to find. By moving to electronic logbooks, operators can establish an online knowledge base to speed up problem-solving and decision-making. Not only can operators search on text within the log entry, but they can also search on category, date/time span, related equipment, and a number of other attributes.
“Operators have expertise critical to the success of a plant. They also have more responsibilities than ever before. Emerson is committed to delivering solutions that capture operator expertise while streamlining tracking and documentation for improved operation effectiveness,” said Peter Zornio, chief strategic officer, Emerson Process Management.
Contact Emerson Process Management
Thank you for your enquiry! Emerson Process
Management will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Spot Checks of Moisture Ensure Safety of Surgical Air and Reduce Risk of Infection
- SEW Launches Australian Assembled EBD MC Compact
- Advances In Particulate Materials Characterisation Using Sorption Probes
- New Staff Member for Queensland Office
More Articles From Emerson Process Management
- Emerson Launches Industry-first Controller Designed for Automation Versatility and IIoT-enabled Operations
- Emerson launches new drilling jar clamp for increased safety and well integrity
- Emerson Puts Digital Plant in Palm of Your Hand with New Mobile Platform
- Industry-Leading Performance to Address Emissions Regulations