METTLER TOLEDO has released a System Handbook – a guide for the design and application of load cells and weigh modules for tanks, silos, vessels, hoppers and conveyors. Developed specifically for engineers, designers and service people, the handbook discusses the fundamentals of designing, building and installing customised solutions.
Using the correct weighing technology is critical in achieving the required accuracy over the entire life cycle of a tank, silo, vessel, hopper or conveyor weighing system. However, accuracy also depends on the design taking many mechanical issues, (including foundation, beam deflections and piping) into account. These issues can cause severe weighing errors as the structure is supporting weight that should be applied to the weigh modules.
To help avoid these errors, METTLER TOLEDO introduces the Systems Handbook which discusses the planning and installation of weighing systems to illustrate how you can avoid these errors. It offers practical guidelines for engineers, designers and service people about design calculations, thermal effects, piping connections, designing of support structures and calibration.
The guide also offers a comprehensive range of weigh modules, weight transmitters and terminals in various versions suitable for use in dry, wet or hazardous environments.
Order the free handbook today: www.mt.com/ind-system-handbook
Contact Mettler Toledo
Thank you for your enquiry! Mettler Toledo
will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- How to Build Tank, Vessel and Hopper Weighing Systems
- New Portable High Resolution Bench Scale
- Large Platform Scales Tracks Incinerated Waste in SA
- August 2007 – Featured Company – Eximo Pty Ltd
More Articles From Mettler Toledo
- Mettler-Toledo optimises checkweighing flexibility for manufacturers with the new C Series
- Mettler Toledo Safeline X-ray wins Queen’s Award for Innovation
- Ensure peace of mind with industry first 5-year generator warranty from Mettler-Toledo
- Mettler-Toledo Improves Productivity, Protection and Quality with Latest Metal Detectors