GE’s Aurora analyser uses tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy (TDLAS) to measure moisture in natural gas rapidly and accurately. The analyser is suitable for installation in hazardous areas and operates over a wide range of environmental conditions. Aurora’s fast response quickly alerts and documents when moisture concentrations are out of compliance. Once process upsets are corrected and the gas dries out, the fast response enables natural gas to be cleared for entry into the “energy grid.”
GE’s experience in moisture measurement includes aluminium oxide, polymer capacitance and chilled mirror sensors. GE’s heritage also includes the development of the first injection diode laser in 1962 by Dr. Robert Hall in Schenectady, NY. The compact and inexpensive diode laser made it possible for compact discs, laser printers and fibre optic telecommunications.
The new Aurora TDLAS hygrometer enables natural gas processing and transportation facilities to monitor moisture content in real time with high precision and reliability.
The Aurora TDLAS hygrometer for natural gas is a system designed to continuously monitor the moisture content in natural gas. It fundamentally measures the partial pressure of water vapour (water in the gas state). With the simultaneous measurement of pressure and temperature, the Aurora provides all of the commonly used moisture units, including:
- Volume ratio in parts per million by volume (ppmv)
- Absolute humidity in lbs per million standard cubic feet (lbs/mmscf) or milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m3)
- Dew point temperature in °C or °F
- Pressure dew point in °C or °F
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- AMS Appointed Distributor for GE Sensing
- Michell Humidity Calibration Instruments Ensure Product Quality in Pharmaceutical Production
- Yamatake Releases New Controller Range
- Thermo-Paramagnetic Analyzer Reduces Cost of Oxygen Analysis
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts