In-motion Axle Scales are being used to track deliveries of explosives for use in mining operations in New South Wales. Installed by Accuweigh’s Newcastle branch, the in-motion axle scales are used for weighing trucks on a site that was too small to fit a weighbridge.
Located at Orica’s Bayswater site, Accuweigh’s in-motion axle scales are used to individually weigh each axle of trucks as they slowly drive over the scales without stopping. The weight of each axle is attained and along with the total vehicle weight which can be printed and/or logged to a PC.
The digital weight indicator contains 40mm high yellow-on-black flip-flop digits to enable the drivers to see their axle weighs from within the truck while they proceed at a steady 10-15 kph across the in-motion axle scales without stopping.
Other benefits of using Accuweigh’s in-motion axle scales are:
- Minimal civil works
- Shallow pit with short 4m approach/departure pads
- Accuracy is consistently within 100kg per 42t+ overall truck weights
- Trucks don’t stop for weighing; 10-15KPH is the recommended speed
- Automatic Data Logger fitted for uploading truck weights to site
- Printed records of individual axle weights to ensure correct loadings
Accuweigh’s DriveNWeigh 8000 In-Motion Axle Scales are extremely versatile and is also ideal for use in busy quarry operations for pre-weighing trucks in the loading area to ensure maximum legal loadings are achieved prior to weighing out on a certified weighbridge.
Accuweigh are Australia’s vehicle weighing experts and has experienced staff located in eight branches across mainland states providing complete sales and service support.
Thank you for your enquiry! Accuweigh
will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Accuweigh’s Conveyor Belt Scales for ABB Fertilizer in SA
- G4 Advanced Process Weighing
- Low Profile Platform Scales for Forensics Laboratory
- Digital Crane Scales for Scrap Metals In NSW