The latest version of the Kaymont Model 2000 is a low cost, high accuracy alternative to RH calibrations that use chilled mirror or 2-pressure systems, and is faster than procedures using saturated salts. The system incorporates advanced electronics and innovative approaches resulting in an overall improvement in performance and reliability.
The system design provides a capability to perform calibrations of chart recorders with remote probes or do a simultaneous linearity test of multiple data loggers. The Model 2000 can also be used for a fast assessment of dew point instruments.
Unlike larger systems, the Model 2000 reaches equilibrium within minutes, thus enabling a full range calibration in much shorter times. The flexibility of the system gives laboratories a means for continuous calibration while larger systems are being used for other tasks requiring extended calibration times. The Model 2000 measures and controls RH directly. This eliminates the need for any conversions or computations that often lead to additional errors.
In general, the Model 2000 Humidity Calibrator will generate chamber conditions for accurate and repeatable calibration of instruments, probes, recorders and data loggers.
Theory of Operation
The system produces proper humidity values by continuously monitoring chamber conditions with a very accurate internal probe. The probe measures both the RH and temperature, then sends this information back to microprocessor based controllers. Internally there are 2 pumps connected to a closed-loop system, one pump for dry air and the second for wet-air. The controllers call for wet or dry air and the pumps respond accordingly. This results in very precise, very fast response for chamber stability. A high volume turbo-axial fan inside the chamber gives the uniformity of RH and temperature.
System Features and Advantages
- Equilibrium of chamber temperature and RH less than 10 minutes
- Chamber control probe maintains accurate calibration for 12 months
- Accurate system calibration includes controllers and probe characteristics
- Direct control readout of RH and temperature eliminates conversions or calculations
- Precise control of RH and temperature using direct input from the internal probe
- Lightweight and transportable for immediate in-plant and laboratory RH calibrations
- Temperature compensated control probe means high accuracy over wide RH range
- RS-485 output (optional) for computer control of automatic ramp and soak cycles.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts