Emerson Process Management has enhanced its portable CSI 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer with a wireless interface to popular laser shaft alignment tools. This advance reduces two burdens — equipment and time — for operators performing vibration analysis and corrective tasks in the field.
The CSI 2140 already offers four-channel plus phase data collection to save time and effort, advanced vibration analysis that embeds expertise in the tool, and multi-plane balancing to correct imbalance in industrial fans. By adding a wireless link to laser fixtures, Emerson further streamlines the work process. Using the CSI 2140, personnel can perform route-based vibration data collection; analyze the root cause; and align the machine — all in one trip. At the same time, they can identify and solve machinery faults to prevent any unplanned downtime.
Tom Nelson, CSI 2140 senior technology manager at Emerson, defined the addition of alignment as, “the last piece of the puzzle to deliver a single, superior tool for diagnosing and correcting faults in rotating equipment.”
The shaft alignment option for the CSI 2140 uses the familiar, intuitive Emerson interface to guide technicians through a three-step process that quickly achieves precision alignment. The laser fixtures employ a unique Sweep technology to measure misalignment easily, even in tight clearance applications. An advanced option monitors the corrective machine moves in vertical and horizontal directions simultaneously. All data collected with the CSI 2140 can be uploaded wirelessly to a single database using the AMS Suite: Machinery Health™ Manager software. This enables the maintenance team to collect data, analyze problems, and document results in parallel.
Contact Emerson Process Management
Thank you for your enquiry! Emerson Process
Management will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Mideco Chosen as Project Partner
- Air Quality Maintained with a Quiet Twist
- Accuweigh/Budpak – A Rich Heritage in the Weighing & Packing Industry
- Isolating Particles of Interest Within Formulations Using Chemical ID With Image Analysis
More Articles From Emerson Process Management
- Emerson Launches Industry-first Controller Designed for Automation Versatility and IIoT-enabled Operations
- Emerson launches new drilling jar clamp for increased safety and well integrity
- Emerson Puts Digital Plant in Palm of Your Hand with New Mobile Platform
- Industry-Leading Performance to Address Emissions Regulations