When it comes to food storage, the reliability of control equipment used matters. A major European manufacturer of storage and climate control systems for the agricultural industry has chosen to install Michell’s PCMini52 humidity and temperature probes to monitor temperature and humidity conditions in the systems they supply. After extensive field tests the probe was selected not only due to its overall resilience, resistance to contamination and reliability, but also for its small size.
Climate control for storing and transporting fruit and vegetables calls for cool but humid conditions. Ideally, the humidity should be kept at around 80%, but not more than 95% RH. If conditions are too dry the fruit will wither: too damp and it will rot. While this atmosphere is ideal for fruit and vegetables it is extremely demanding for the electronics of any control equipment. The employed instrument’s electronics must therefore be well protected from the humidity to ensure reliable, automatic operation of the climate control system over longer periods.
A response time of less than 10 seconds for the PC Mini52 sensors allow the control system to rapidly adjust the climate to the ideal conditions so no product is wasted during storage.
With the miniature size, the simplicity and robustness the PC Mini52 humidity and temperature sensors can be easily maintained by either the end user or a service technician once the climate control system has been installed in the field.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Feeder Control No Longer A Black Art
- Greasemax Manages Bearing Water Contamination Problems
- World Leader in Industrial Flexible Ducting & Hose Visits Australia
- Worlds First 2-Wire Level Sensor That Measures Level up to 20 Meters
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts