On-site calibrations of gas analysers are now not only possible, but easy to perform, thanks to Michell Instruments’ new Portable Calibration Rig (PCR).
The PCR is a mobile gas blender utilising premium mass flow controllers housed in a tough transport case that can be used for a huge variety of applications and analysers. It can mix two or three gases from: Air, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide, Methane and Hydrogen and is easily controllable so that the perfect blend can be achieved for the application. Provided the customer has zero or spans gas cylinders available – it is possible to ‘factory’ calibrate an analyser such as Michell’s XTP601. For example, an analyser range 0-10% O2 in N2 could be calibrated with synthetic air and N2.
A field calibration of an analyser can be carried out in under 1 hour including set up time. For a complete factory calibration, with multiple calibration points (to change the range/background/both), 4 hours would be all that is required. These time-scales represent a minimal downtime compared to the alternative of sending the instrument away for calibration.
Although the unit is designed for field calibrations, it can also be used in a laboratory to mimic changing process gases for research work.
This new portable gas blender is the latest calibration offering from Michell, who are world leaders in the field of moisture calibration. Their head office and main manufacturing site in Ely, UK, houses a UKAS accredited calibration lab for dew-point and humidity calibrations. The company also provide a wide range of moisture calibration equipment, from large-scale systems for calibration laboratories to small, transportable units designed to enable cost-effective moisture calibrations of relative humidity probes.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- Shipping Container Scales Optimises Container Weights In WA
- Forty Metre Weighbridge Eliminates Split Weighing
- Truck Scale Installed for Waste Recycler In WA
- Checkweigher Upgraded for Compost Supplier
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts