New RRS Optical System Gives Michell Chilled Mirror Hygrometer Exceptional Response to Trace Moisture
The S8000 hygrometer’s accuracy at very low temperatures (below -80°C dp) is due to a new measurement system which Michell Instruments calls ‘RRS’. RRS is a sophisticated technique that detects very small changes in moisture condensed on the chilled mirror surface. This guarantees both high sensitivity and fast response when measuring low dew points.
The S8000 is also the smallest and among the lightest chilled mirror instruments on the market with the ability to quickly measure dry dew points while offering an accuracy of ±0.1°C.
What also makes the S8000 stand out from other instruments in its class is its ability to measure low dew-points without requiring external cooling. Its compact size means that it is convenient for use either as a bench-top instrument or installed in a 19” rack system. The touch-screen interface is highly intuitive and makes the instrument simple to use.
The ability to precisely measure trace moisture makes the S8000 an ideal reference instrument for moisture calibrations and it is popular in calibration laboratories. Its fast response and high accuracy give it an advantage in verifying the purity of industrial gases and for ensuring the quality of semiconductor gas supply.
As with all Michell chilled mirror hygrometers, the S8000 is available with UKAS (ISO17025) accredited calibration, traceable to NIST.
Michell supplies precision hygrometers and is also the largest dew point sensors manufacturer in Europe. Their reference chilled mirror hygrometers, such as the S8000, are constantly in use within their own factory for dew-point sensor manufacturing, and their 24/7 calibration facility and service. Michell’s customers benefit from the robust design and 40 years of expertise built into each chilled mirror hygrometer.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- MoistScan Microwave Moisture Analysers Used by Salt Mining Company
- 4B SpeedMaster – Speed Switch Sensor Testing & Calibration Device
- New Extensometer for Hopper and Silo Weighing
- Air/Gas Mass Flow Meter for Large Pipes and Ducts
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts