Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE), is the great all-rounder in thermoplastics. It has extremely long molecular chains, with a molecular weight numbering in the millions, usually between 2 and 6 million.
Rochling Polystone UHMWPE exhibits a molecular weight of over 7 million which is significantly more than other commercial grades of UHMWPE available. This results in an extremely tough material that exhibits an impressive array of characteristics. A higher molecular weight of Polyethylene has a significant influence on important technical properties.
Polystone UHMWPE offers:
- Highest impact strength, even at low temperatures
- High resistance to corrosive chemicals
- Weatherproof – Extremely low moisture absorption
- Very low coefficient of friction
- High dielectric resistance
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Self lubricating – No need for lubricating agents that could cause contamination
- Highly resistant to abrasion – 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel
- Coefficient of friction comparable to that of Teflon, but with better abrasion resistance
- Physiologically inert – Odourless, tasteless and non-toxic
- Low cost per kg when compared to metal
- Pressed and planed for optimum flatness
Contact Dotmar EPP Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! Dotmar EPP Pty Ltd
will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.