For those who have a need to analyze a very limited amount of material, Micromeritics’ new AccuPyc II 1340 1-cm3 Gas Displacement Pycnometer from Particle and Surface Sciences, performs fully automatic, high-speed, high-precision volume measurements and density calculations on a wide variety of powders and solids.
The AccuPyc features improvements in design that allow the volume of small amounts of sample to be accurately detected and measured with enhanced reliability to within a fraction of a microlitre.
A novel manifold design utilizes high-reliability, high-precision valves that seal more securely so that small leaks do not contribute to variability of results. High-compression, minimum-volume seals around the pressure transducer minimize helium storage and leakage. This shortens the time to complete a run cycle and practically eliminates the development of temperature gradients that would otherwise compromise results.
The AccuPyc II 1340 1-cm3 also features an ultra-low noise transducer amplifier that results in faster equilibration. The instrument can be operated with a keypad or an optional Windows® interface that provides exceptional reporting and archiving capability. Both versions include direct sample mass input from a balance and cycle-based displacement volume reporting. The Windows interface also includes time-based pressure equilibration, percent solids content, and total pore volume reports.
For those who require high throughput, an integrated control and analysis module can control up to five additional external analysis modules of the same or different volume capacities. A glove box model is also available for analyses in applications where the control module and analysis module must be in separate environments.
The AccuPyc may be operated in five different languages: English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
Typical AccuPyc II 1340 applications include:
- Ceramics and powder metallurgy
- Rigid cellular plastics
- Plastic Films
- Organic chemicals and polymers
- Blending of materials
Contact Particle & Surface Sciences Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! Particle & Surface
Sciences Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- iBulk, a Company with its Finger on the Pulse
- Beamex Introduces a New Measurement Industry Benchmark
- Secondary Conveyor Belt Cleaner Designed for Safety and Easy Maintenance
- Relocatable Dust Control Systems for Industry
More Articles From Particle & Surface Sciences Pty Ltd
- POLA 2000 for Particle Size and Counting
- Annual Conference of China Scientific Instruments Recognises Micromeritics GeoPyc 1365 Envelope Density Analyser as One of the Best New Instruments in 2017
- Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry Micromeritics Autopore V
- Surface Measurement Systems – Dynamic Vapour Sorption