Pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals are typically produced in batches by mixing several components in a reactor. When the ingredients are mixed with solvents, the void between the top of the reactor and the liquid level can be filled with highly flammable vapours. When combined with oxygen and a potential source of ignition there can be a risk of explosion.
The Michell Instruments XTP601 oxygen sensor is ideal for this application. Based on thermo-paramagnetic sensor technology it is ideally suited for determining the level of oxygen in a wide range of background gases. The sensor will operate efficiently under various environmental conditions and is insensitive to mechanical shock. It has very good response time characteristics, has no consumable parts and offers excellent accuracy, for example, 0.02% O2 over a range of 0-1%.
The thermo-paramagnetic sensors used in the XTP601 will last the life of the instrument in normal operation. Features include enhancements such as an integrated touch-screen display that makes configuration and calibration easier. This reduces time spent maintaining the unit, further reducing the total cost of ownership.
The XTP601 has a very low drift and, with no moving parts, maintenance is minimised. While the initial purchase price is slightly higher than sensors based on electrochemical cell technology, life cycle costs are much lower. This makes the XTP601 process oxygen analyser a popular choice for O2 monitoring in reactors.
Contact AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
Thank you for your enquiry! AMS Instrumentation &
Calibration Pty Ltd will be in touch as soon as possible.
Sorry, there seems to have been an error.
Please double check your details and try again.
- AMS Introduces New Product
- ECD Aquaculture Solutions
- New RRS Optical System Gives Michell Chilled Mirror Hygrometer Exceptional Response to Trace Moisture
- NOSHOK Robust Sensors
More Articles From AMS Instrumentation & Calibration Pty Ltd
- Mass Flow in Flare Gas Measurement
- Dual Function FS10i Flow Switch/Monitor Performs Double-Duty In Air Or Other Gases To Cut Plant Costs
- FCI Flow Switch Ensures Accurate Chemical Injection or Additive Monitoring for Process Control and Quality
- Next-Gen MT100 Air/Gas Flow Meters For Large Diameter Pipes, Stacks and Ducts